- Fill the barrel halfway with your favorite flavorless Vodka or Grain Alcohol for any Whiskey, Bourbon, Vodka, Scotch, Brandy, Schnapps, or Liqueur essences. For all Rum essences use a flavorless clear Rum.
- Next pour your essences into the barrel. You will need to use 1 essence per liter of alcohol you are flavoring.
- Now fill the barrel full with alcohol and place the bung in the bung hole.
- This will be the hardest step, waiting.... wait two weeks.
- Taste your alcohol. If you enjoy the flavor, then you can start drinking.
If you feel it needs to be aged further, you should let it age another week or longer if you like.